Grilled Steak Tacos with Haven's Kitchen Herby Chimichurri
What you need
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb skirt steak, trimmed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 15 to 18 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves picked
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Haven’s Kitchen Herby Chimichurri
How to make them
1. In a small pot, bring vinegar to a boil and pour over red onions. Cover and cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat grill on high heat and season steak with salt and black pepper. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until it is medium-rare. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing on bias, against the grain.
3. On the same grill, over medium-low heat, lightly toast each side of the tortillas. Cover the tortillas with a towel to keep warm.
4. Fill tortillas with sliced steak, pickled red onion and avocado. Drizzle Haven’s Kitchen Herby Chimichurri on top. Garnish with cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime. Serve immediately.