Bonberri's Kale Pesto Spaghetti Squash Boats
What you need
- 2 small spaghetti squash or 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, washed, bottoms trimmed
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ pouch (¼ cup) Haven's Kitchen Vegan Kale Pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper
- fresh basil leaves
- optional: shredded raw goat cheese
How to make them
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. On a greased baking sheet, place squash with the seeds-side facing down. Bake spaghetti squash for about 30-40 minutes until skin is tender and can be easily punctured with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Steam Brussels sprouts and broccoli until cooked but still crunchy, about 3 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
3. Flip spaghetti squash halves over, they should now be cooler. Using a spoon, carefully remove seeds and discard. Then, using a fork, scoop out squash flesh and transfer to a large pan. Do not discard squash shells. Add Brussels sprouts and broccoli. Turn heat to low and add Haven's Kitchen Vegan Kale Pesto. Mix well until all veggies are coated and warm. Season with more salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
4. Arrange empty squash shells on a serving platter. Spoon mounds of the pesto-vegetable mixture into the shells until heaping. Garnish with fresh basil or shredded raw goat cheese.