Haven's Kitchen V/GF Romesco Flatbread
What you need
- 1 cup of your favorite GF flour (we like Bob's Red Mill)
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut yogurt (Greek yogurt if you’re ok with dairy!)
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms
- olive oil
- 1 cup of sweet multicolored peppers sliced in rounds
- ½ pouch (¼ cup) of Haven's Kitchen Red Pepper Romesco
How to make them
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
1. Place flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine well.
2. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add yogurt and water.
3. With your hands, mix ingredients until combined.
4. Kneed for about 5 minutes.
5. Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.
6. While dough is resting, toss mushrooms with olive oil and a pinch of salt and spread out on a sheet pan. Roast for 20 minutes. While the mushrooms are roasting, coat broccoli florets in olive oil and spread out on a sheet pan. Roast until cooked through and slightly charred, about 10 minutes. After about 5 minutes, add the peppers to the broccoli so they can roast the remaining 5 minutes.
7. After the dough has rested, spread it out on sheet tray lined with parchment. Use your hands. Tip: the dough will act more like play dough than bread dough, if you get small rips, just pinch the dough back together.
8. Bake the flatbread with no toppings for 4-5 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and spread on Haven’s Kitchen Red Pepper Romesco. Add mushrooms, broccoli and peppers.
10. Bake 5 more minutes.
11. Remove from oven and serve immediately.