Creamy White Bean Soup with Haven's Kitchen Vegan Kale Pesto
What you need
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 bulb fennel, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- Two 15-ounce cans of white beans (cannellini or great northern), don’t discard the liquid
- 1 bunch of kale, ribs removed, leaves chopped or chiffonaded
- ½ pouch (¼ cup) Haven’s Kitchen Vegan Kale Pesto
How to make it
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add onion, carrots, celery, and fennel. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened but not browned, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add garlic and dried red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Add beans, their liquid, and 4 cups of water.
3. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, add a large pinch of salt and kale and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 more minutes.
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a dollop of Haven’s Kitchen Vegan Kale Pesto.