Haven's Kitchen Peanutty Chicken "Paella"
What you need
- 1 tbsp. neutral oil
- 2 chicken thighs and one chicken breast, cut into 2 pieces, bone in and skin on
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ cup of multi-colored sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 cup of Jasmine rice
- ½ cup frozen edamame
- ½ pouch Haven's Kitchen Peanut Lemongrass Sauce
- 1 ⅓ cup water
- ½ bunch of cilantro, thick stems removed and chopped
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
How to make it
1. Heat a shallow Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan. When the oil begins to shimmer, lightly salt and then add the chicken, skin side down. Let it sit for 3-4 minutes until skin begins to crisp and brown. Turn it over and sear on other side for about 1 minute. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve for later.
2. Increase heat to medium-high and add the onion and peppers to the pan and sauté until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add rice and toast in the hot oil for about 30 seconds. Add edamame, Haven's Kitchen Peanut Lemongrass Sauce, and water. Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
3. Add chicken back into the pan, nestling it into the rice. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Let cook until the chicken and rice are cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro and peanuts.