Cabbage and Tofu Curry with Peanut Sauce
What you need
- coconut oil or ghee
- 1 box firm tofu, cut into bit sized cubes
- ½ green cabbage, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into 1” florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 scallions, finely sliced, divided
- 1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can of coconut milk
- 1 pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Peanut Lemongrass Sauce
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
How to make it
1. Heat a sauté pan over high heat and cover the bottom with the coconut oil or ghee.
2. Add tofu, cook until it begins to brown. Don’t stir it much, you want the tofu to sear in the oil and brown nicely.
3. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside. Add enough oil or ghee to cover the pan.
4. Add the cabbage, broccoli and bell pepper to the pan and let it sit for about a minute.
5. Season with a large pinch of salt. Add half of the scallions and the minced ginger.
6. Shake the coconut milk well, then add to the pan. Add the Haven’s Kitchen Peanut Lemongrass Sauce and 1 cup of water. Stir.
7. Add the tofu back into the pan, and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Serve, garnished with scallions, cilantro, peanuts and a squeeze of lime.