Herby Chimichurri Lentil Fritters
What You Need
- 1 cup French lentils, soaked overnight in water
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ½ pouch (¼ cup) of Haven’s Kitchen Herby Chimichurri
- Sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
How To Make Them
1. After the lentils have soaked overnight, save about ¼ cup of the soaking water and strain the lentils. Add the lentils, shallot, and Haven's Kitchen Herby Chimichurri into a food processor. Pulse it several times, until the mixture is just combined and still coarse. Remove half of the mixture from the processor and puree the remaining mixture, about 30 seconds.
2. Combine the two mixtures in a large bowl and season with a large pinch of salt.
3. Set a plate with a paper towel or a baking sheet with a cooling rack next to your stove. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add oil to cover the bottom. When the oil begins to shimmer, form the mixture in to palm-sized fritters with your hands and gently lay them into the pan in a single layer — you’ll need to do this in 2 batches.
4. Cook the fritters for about 3 minutes, then flip, and cook until both sides are browned and crispy and the patties are cooked through.
5. Place the fritters on the plate or the cooling rack. Sprinkle with salt while they’re still hot.
6. Serve with Haven's Kitchen Herby Chimichurri stirred into plain Greek yogurt or by itself.